Monday, October 29, 2012

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement). 
 
    Overall my artworks composition was very nice.  Each element of composition I believe was executed well. The picture was balanced with an equal amount of negative space and positive space, it showed movement with each texture, it was put together nice and it has a pretty good rhythm.
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
 
To add texture to my print I used a  carver and the different widths of the tool to create multiple types of texture.  With the texture I had to balance it out, so there was contrast. I used the same tool to add texture and contrast to my print.  This is important because you no longer have values to show your image to make it look real.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
 
The positive space was used to create my main subject which was the Gilder, the negative space was the back ground and detail of my print.  I had to use a good contrast and detail to have my image appear.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted
 
The technical craft of my work I believe could have been better.  Although the print was inside the lines correctly some of the ink was over whelming in parts and lines weren't deep enough.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
 
I was able to show depth and background by including a  foreground, middle ground, and back ground.  The images in the background were smaller than the other images in other grounds. This ultimately creates the illusion of the animal being closer than everything else.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages

This wasn't the first time I've done printmaking but some of the elements were new to me.  overall i had a very good experience, for someone who has never done printmaking I would say that care full planning makes the execution a lot better.  The obstacles in printmaking were carving out the linoleum, and applying ink.  The advantages of printmaking is being able to create the same copies over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment