Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Art Critique

Value Portraits Art Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
Some steps I took when creating this piece was finding the values from a black and white picture, then shading the back of the paper to create the transfer effect.  This made the values I circled transfer onto my sketch book.  After that I used my value chart to match the original photo values in her face.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
With the tracing paper on top of the original photo, I taped them together.  After they were taped I held them up to a window, that was used like a light box to circle and find each different value in the photo. Holding my photo up to the window made it very easy to find the values in the picture.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
I believe that I used a full range of the different value's in my portrait.  In my portrait I went from light to dark in the best way possible.  I was able to do this with the help of my value chart, by matching up the values in the photo.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
My craftsmanship was pretty good I thought.  My artwork I believe was neat and clean, I made everything as cleanly executed as possible.  Something I could have fixed with the execution was how clean my shading lines were.  I followed the directions of this value portrait to the best of my ability.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
Some obstacles I faces were finding every value in the picture, and using every color in the value chart.  I examined  the photo closer to find every detail and I made sure there was a color every spot. Without these obstacles I don't think this portrait would be as fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment